Mould inside your home or workplace can have significant effects on your health. Mould spores can be inhaled, causing irritation and inflammation of the airways which in turn causes congestion, difficulty in breathing, wheezing and coughing.
Exposure to mould can trigger chronic problems such as asthma and bronchitis. Many people are also allergic to mould. For these people, the respiratory symptoms may be triggered in addition to hay-fever like symptoms such as watery, itchy red eyes, headaches or migraines, rashes, tiredness and blocked sinuses.
Young children and infants, smokers, the elderly, and people with respiratory or heart conditions are particularly sensitive to mould. For the comfort and safety of you and your children, mould should be eradicated from your home or any place you spend significant time.
How to Prevent Mould
We all know that prevention is better than cure. Here’s some tips on how to prevent mould growing in your home.
- Call In the Mould Experts
Whilst you might be aware of the presence of some mould, there is likely to be more hiding where you can’t see it. We can help you to find all the mould and its causes, and give you professional advice on how to get rid of it, and avoid it in the future.
Mould can grow anywhere as long as moisture is present. Venting areas such as the bathrooms and the kitchens that are prone to mould growth is a must. Proper ventilation eliminates water vapour that causes mould to grow.
- Fix water leaks
Mould tends to grow in moist places. Fix holes in pipes, windows, roofs and walls.