Facts about Mould
Goldmorr Master Technicians
Goldmorr Technicians and Master Technicians are highly trained individuals who will do everything they can to identify and subsequently solve your mould problems. In most cases, they will not remove drywall from your home, which will eliminate expensive deconstruction and reconstruction.
In most cases, you will be back in your home the same day.
Your Goldmorr representative is also trained to maintain your confidentiality at all times.
Ten Things You Should Know About Mould
2. There is no practical way to eliminate all mould and mould spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mould growth is to control moisture.
3. If mould is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mould and eliminate sources of moisture.
4. Mould growth can be prevented by immediately fixing water problems and leaks.
5. Reducing indoor humidity (to 30-60%) will decrease mould growth. Humidity can be decreased by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
6. Cleaning and drying any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours will prevent mould growth.
7. It is important to clean mould off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are mould affected, may need to be replaced.
8. Preventing condensation will prevent mould: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
9. Carpet should not be installed in areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem (i.e., by drinking fountains, by sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
10. Moulds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are moulds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.